Circuit in the High Atlas and Sahara desert: combined circuit including a 3-day trek in the Atlas and a day trip to the Sahara. The trip offers an opportunity to visit the Moroccan Kabah (village) ...
- Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas - Ait Benhaddou R
- Day 2: Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Todgha Gorges
- Day 3: Todghra Gorges - Merzouga (Erg Chebbi)
- Day 4: Merzouga - Tazrine - Agdez - Ouarzazate)
- Day 5: Ouarzazate - Marrakech)
High Atlas Desert Merzouga Tour
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas - Ait Benhaddou
Depart at 08:00 from Marrakech, to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas mountains Tizi n'Tichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains we will have time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes and Berber hamlets, and break for coffee and mint tea. In the afternoon we will get the chance the visit the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1992. This Berber Kasbahs which has been used as a very important destination for international filmmakers for more than 20 films, was also one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road where caravans brought slaves, gold, ivory, salt and silk from sub-Saharan countries to Marrakech and beyond. We spend the night here.
Day 2: Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Todgha Gorges
After breakfast we drive 35 Kms before we arrive to Ouarzazate after or as a lot of people like to call it Hollywood of Africa. You can enjoy a visit of filmmaking studios and travel along the huge history of filmmaking industry on this charming town. You have lunch here on Ouarzazate before we drive more down to the south and drive along Valley of the Rose, here you can get the chance to visit a rose factory to see how those locals make different products from the Persian rose. We go on towards Todgha Gorges, one of the most beautiful and impressive canyons in Morocco. This is what make them a serious place for half and full day trekking trips and interesting canyons for serious climbers. We spend the night in todgha gorges. Here we spend the night.
Day 3: Todghra Gorges - Merzouga (Erg Chebbi)
From Todgha gorges we head towards Merzouga through arid landscapes and along many oases of palm grooves. We pass Erfoud or what we call the capital of fossils as it's very known with it's fossil's factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rock of mountains. Then we'll head for the Erg Chebbi sand sea. We continue deeper into the desert landscape, until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere .When we arrive to our auberge you meet your camel guide and ride into the bivouac (camp).under the evening stars shining brilliantly in the clear night sky. Climb the dunes and watch the moon rise before retiring to your bed in a nomad tent.
Day 4: Merzouga - Tazrine - Agdez - Ouarzazate
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes, you ride back your camels back to the auberge. After having breakfast and shower we drive along a diffirent road .We pass through Alnif, N'kob, where we will stop for lunch. We go on driving along hamlets and small villages before we pass Tazarine or What we call the capital of Henna. as far we will cross the Draa Valley one of the biggest valleys in Morocco, big with it's huge member of palm trees and bigger with it's history as well. Since it's was the starting points of many dynasties that ruled morocco for centuries, like Almoravids and Saadians. We stop for coffee and Toilets in Agdez. Then we start to cross the Anti Atlas Mountains, before reaching Ouarzazate where we spend the night.
Day 5: Ouarzazate - Marrakech
After breakfast, for those who miss to visit the filmmaking studios, they we can travel along the huge history of filmmaking industry in Hollywood of Africa Ouarzazate. We drive towards Marrakesh via the High Atlas mountains Tizi nTichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains we will have time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes and Berber hamlets, and break for lunch. End of the trip.
Services to be included :
- Transportation in private licensed 4WD or Minibus with A/C, fuel throughout the tour
- English speaking driver
- Accommodations in typical Moroccan hotels, Kasbahs, Riads and Inns with Ensuite rooms, air conditioning/heating
- Half Board - 2 meals each day Dinner & Breakfast, (Vegetarians are welcome)
- Possibility to upgrade accommodations category with exta cost
- Swimming stops (April to September), we select hotels that have a swming pool facility for this period
- Walks & Explorations for example in Ait Benhaddou & Gorges
- Night at Erg Chebbi desert dune in a nomad tented camp (possibility to upgrade to Luxury camp)
- Erg Chebbi Camel Trekking tour at sunset
- Local Taxes
Services to be excluded :
Request more information :
- Tell us about your vacation on the short form below!
- How many people are you traveling with?
- Tell us a little about yourself and let us know any questions you may have about this tour. Our travel experts are standing by to respond personally to you.