Morocco camel treks & desert tours that run from Marrakech to Fes include Erg Chebbi camel trek with overnight in a Sahara Desert camp under the tents or a sunset or sunrise camel ride and a night at the hotel in an A/C ensuite room at the dune line. Our Marrakech to Fes desert tours & camel treks range from 3, 4 and 5 day tours or more, we recommend 4 and 5 day tours to avoid long distances and cover more sites.
- Day 1: Marrakesh - High Atlas Mountains - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
- Day 2: Ouarzazate - Valley of Roses - Boutaghrar - Dades valley & Gorges
- Day 3: Dades valley - Todghra Gorges - Tamtatoucht
- Day 4: Tamtatoucht - Todgha Gorges - Merzouga Dunes (Erg Chebbi)
- Day 5: (Erg Chebbi) Merzouga – Ziz valley – Ifrane - Fez
Luxury desert tour
Day 1: Marrakesh - High Atlas Mountains - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
Depart at 08:00 from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas mountains Tizi n'Tichka pass throughout the high Atlas Mountains we will have time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes and Berber hamlets, and break for coffee and mint tea. In the afternoon we will get the chance the visit the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. This Berber Kasbahs which has been used as a very important destination for international filmmakers for more than 20 films was also one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road where caravans brought slaves, gold, ivory, salt and silk from sub-Saharan countries to Marrakesh and beyond. We'll pass through Ouarzazate, or what we call Hollywood of africa since it's has been as well a very famous destination for filmmakers. Here you will get the chance to visit many filmmaking studios and we spend the night in Ouarzazate.
Day 2: Ouarzazate - Valley of Roses - Boutaghrar - Dades valley & Gorges
From Ouarzazate We drive towards Dades Gorges but before we drive along valley of Roses, here you can get the chance to visit a rose factory to see how those locals make different products from the Persian rose. After passing Kalaa Magouna Town we curve to the left before we drive on an off road for about 25 Kms. We get directly to Dades valley where we will enjoy the beautiful green fields of figs and almonds. We will pass through many hamlets and villages along the way before we arrive to Dades Gorges. Here we spend the night.
Day 3: Dades valley - Todghra Gorges - Tamtatoucht
From Dades Gorges we start to drive towards Todgha gorges along arid landscapes and mountains, before we pass through a town called Tineghir the nerve centre of the area. We head along Todgha valley which is huge by it's oasis and palm grooves. Why not a short walk across the palmary with a local guide to explore the daily life of the locals, women in gardens gathering herb for cows, old men gathering dates in October or olives in January to February, small kids riding donkeys. We continue up through the canyons of Todra which is famous for rock climbing until the Berber village of Tamtatoucht where we spend the night in an Auberge.
Day 4: Tamtatoucht - Todgha Gorges - Merzouga Dunes (Erg Chebbi)
From Tamtatoucht through Todgha gorges we head towards Merzouga through aride landscapes and along many oases of palm grooves. We pass Erfoud or what we call the capital of fossils as it's very known with it's fossil's factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rock of mountains. Then we'll head for the Erg Chebbi sand sea. We continue deeper into the desert landscape, until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere .When we arrive to our auberge you meet your camel guide and ride into the bivouac (camp).under the evening stars shining brilliantly in the clear night sky. Climb the dunes and watch the moon rise before retiring to your bed in a nomad tent.
Day 5: (Erg Chebbi) Merzouga – Ziz valley – Ifrane - Fez
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes, you ride back your camels back to the auberge. After having breakfast and shower we drive along a different road. We drive towards Fes, we stop on the road to enjoy having tea with a nomadic family before we passing through the High Atlas mountains again. We stop by a a town called Midelt where we'll have lunch. This town is a very impressive mountain city at 1488 meters of altitude, well situated lower down the Jbel Ayachi (3737 m). In the afternoon we'll continue to the legendary city of Fes. Arrival to Fes is the end of the trip.
Services to be included :
- Transportation in private licensed 4WD or Minibus with A/C, fuel throughout the tour
- English speaking driver
- Accommodations in typical Moroccan hotels, Kasbahs, Riads and Inns with Ensuite rooms, air conditioning/heating
- Half Board - 2 meals each day Dinner & Breakfast, (Vegetarians are welcome)
- Possibility to upgrade accommodations category with exta cost
- Swimming stops (April to September), we select hotels that have a swming pool facility for this period
- Walks & Explorations for example in Ait Benhaddou & Gorges
- Night at Erg Chebbi desert dune in a nomad tented camp (possibility to upgrade to Luxury camp)
- Erg Chebbi Camel Trekking tour at sunset
- Local Taxes
Services to be excluded :
Request more information :
- Tell us about your vacation on the short form below!
- How many people are you traveling with?
- Tell us a little about yourself and let us know any questions you may have about this tour. Our travel experts are standing by to respond personally to you.