Sleep under the stars at your Morocco Sahara desert camp in Merzouga, cross the Valley of the roses and the road of 1001 Kasbahs. Finally, admire the splendid Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou !
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
- Day 2: Ouarzazate - Dades Valley - Todgha Gorges
- Day 3: Todgha Gorges - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga (Erg Chebbi)
- Day 4: Merzouga - Ziz valley - Midelt - Fez <
Morocco Kasbahs and sahara tour
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Valley of Roses – Dades Gorges
We will depart Marrakech at 8h, and head toward Tizi n’ Tichka. At an elevation of 2260 meters, it is the highest mountain pass in North Africa. We will take a break at Taddert where we will be served a welcome tea with the customary Moroccan hospitality, then drive on to Ait Ben Haddou where our lunch will await us followed by a guided tour of the UNESCO heritage site. We will then continue on in the direction of the Valley of Roses and 1000 kasbahs and arrive in the late afternoon at Dades Gorges, whose breathtaking peaks rise 300 meters above the valley floor. After the visit we will head to Boumalne Dades where we will have dinner and find our lodgings for the night in a comfortable hotel in Dades gorges
Day 2: Dades gorges – Todra gorges – Ziz valley – Merzouga
After breakfast in Dades, we will head to Tinghire with a lunch break in Todra gorges. After lunch you will visit the gorges and head on to Erfoud. We will have the opportunity to see the fantastic plant fossils that originate in this area, see the fabled souks of Rissani and experience the Ziz Valley. The Sahara sunset will be awaiting us in the dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga, where we get by a camel ride. The evening will be made magical with the rhythm of the drums and campfire. You will spend the night in a nomadic tent under the stars.
Day 3: Merzouga – Nkoub – Draa Valley – Zagora
After breakfast in the morning, we will we head back to Rissani and take the road that goes to the Draa Valley, with its lush landscape, ksars and palm groves. We will make a stop in N’koub and experience the panoramic views of Draa Valley. From there, we will make our way to Zagora, arriving at our hotel in the late afternoon. We will then visit Tamegroute, the underground school with its koranic library of 4,000 manuscripts. We will see the beautiful pottery that originates in the area, and the former Jewish quarter Amzrou where craftsmen work their magic into fine jewelry. Dinner will be served at your hotel or guesthouse.
Day 4: Zagora – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
After breakfast we will drive along the lush palm groves of the Draa Valley on our return to the Red City, and stop for lunch in Ourzazate, known as the “Hollywood of Morocco” due to the many films that have been made in the area. We will take the time for a visit to the film studios, and to tour the magnificent Taourirt . We will arrive back to Marrakech in the late afternoon.
Services to be included :
- Transportation in private licensed 4WD or Minibus with A/C, fuel throughout the tour
- English speaking driver
- Accommodations in typical Moroccan hotels, Kasbahs, Riads and Inns with Ensuite rooms, air conditioning/heating
- Possibility to upgrade accommodations category with exta cost
- Swimming stops (April to September), we select hotels that have a swming pool facility for this period
- Walks & Explorations for example in Ait Benhaddou & Gorges
- Night at Erg Chebbi desert dune in a nomad tented camp (possibility to upgrade to Luxury camp)
- Erg Chebbi Camel Trekking tour at sunset
- Local Taxes
Services to be excluded :
Request more information :
- Tell us about your vacation on the short form below!
- How many people are you traveling with?
- Tell us a little about yourself and let us know any questions you may have about this tour. Our travel experts are standing by to respond personally to you.